John Dorman Excelled in the face of sibling adversity
For anyone who doesn't know already, I was an abandon child . When I was just 9 months old my father gave me up for adoption I was raised by one of his many concubines in Vieux Fort Saint Lucia.God blessed her soul she tried desperately to keep me out of trouble and instilled in me some values. Contrary to popular belief life on the Island of Saint Lucia was the roughest poverty was the norm and failure a common occurrence among kids leaving high school and I was no exception despite my family’s efforts to keep me at school daily .Graduating last in class I knew that the opportunity to getting a decent job in Vieux Fort was nil...15 years old there's no light at the end of my tunnel fear grips my heart where do i go from here i asked myself My big brother Jack was a big shot at Geest Industries Geest was the biggest employer in the Caribbean basin confident my brother would come to my rescue I immediately set out to seek his assistance what transpired next took my breath away. My brother found the most degrading job to offer me which I graciously accepted . My earnings was ($3.40 US )a week the a$ hole had the audacity to steal my salary.....( tough love they call it )
Fast forward to 1978 I packed my bags left Brooklyn for Chicago to be with my sister this was an erroneous folly on my part what transpired next I cannot coherently explain for it defies description. I was immediately sent to her dirty funky cold ass basement to sleep , many a nights I slept on the cold cement floor with news papers as my blanket.To complicate the situation not a glass of water was offered to me it was like if I had leprosy . Living under my sister's roof I went to bed many a nights hungry and cold .Prior to moving to Chicago I was particularly concerned about how things would turn out being thee only heterosexual male in a house with a bunch of females looking back I deem that my being there created a hostile environment. With each passing day things got tougher....No matter how bad things got I always had a positive attitude. The Army had instilled in me qualities to adapt to overcome tough situations, On a cold and grey Chicago night feeling very acrimonious I got down on my knees and cried out to the heavens for rescue from this hell hole.I made a solemn resolution that I would turned my life around into one of those rags to riches story lines.The unthinkable happened I met an earth angle by the name of Delores Thigpen she help alleviate my discomfort by providing me with temporary accommodation .
1979 I commenced working for Elgin Clock Company as an electrician Help 1981 built my first house in Black Bay Saint Lucia .1982 I purchased my second home on Kildare in Chicago in 1986 with God on my side I purchased my third home on the North West Side of Chicago and in 1999 I purchased a three bedroom vacation home in Vieux Fort Saint Lucia.
To solidify my financial security I speculated in the stock market by buying some of America's Fortune 500 companies ........................
To my two synthetic siblings I say thank you it was your cruelty that motivated me to aspire.
A million thanks to Delores Thigpen,Albina Paul,George Hudson,Orest Burdiak,Ethel Weem ,Mr.Francis Elie and wife,and the Lopez Family each one of you played a small but essential role in my growth and success The once kicked to the curb John Dorman has great curb appeal and is living life to the fullest
.JPG) |
| Stepping out of the shadows of despair a very confident john Dorman is living life to the full .Enjoying a late night cocktail at the club Saint Lucia hotel |
.jpg) |
| It's 1973 Vietnam is on our mind |
.jpg) |
| John Dorman on the Island of Saint Lucia waiting to exhale |
.bmp) |
Defending the American way of life
|
.JPG) |
| American to de bone |
.bmp) |
| AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN |
.JPG) |
| Specialist John Dorman 1/15 Infantry Division |
.bmp) |
| The end of a memorable military career |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman savoring Milan Italy |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Barcelona |
.JPG) |
| Sampling coffee in Barcelona |
.JPG) |
| Sampling coffee on the left bank in Paris |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman an honorary guest at the Kitzingen wine fest in Germany |
.JPG) |
| A toast to my first house in Chicago |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman at Sandals hotel in Antigua |
.JPG) |
| My departed friend Daniel Bland ford Chicago |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman @Fort Gordon |
.JPG) |
| Excited about going to the Middle East to Support the Jewish State |
.JPG) |
| An exhausted John Dorman |
.JPG) |
| A great possibility of going to fight in Israel The President has place all of America's Armed forces on Red Alert |
.JPG) |
| Ready to lock and load in the Middle East |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman excelling in the face of adversity |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in the pursuit of excellence |
.JPG) |
| Knowledge is power |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman simply the best |
.JPG) |
| Throughout my life I have had lots of memorable events this is definitely one of them |
.jpg) |
| Third Army Germany |
.jpg) |
| My First house in Chicago |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Spain |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Madrid Spain |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Monaco |
.JPG) |
| John wandering in Barcelona |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Paris |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Cannes |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Kitzingen Germany |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman enjoying a memorable day in Lurcern Switzerland |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman enjoying a memorable Germany meal with wonderful friends in Kitzingen Germany |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman in Monte Carlo |
.JPG) |
| The honorary John Dorman sampling the new wine in Kitzingen |
.JPG) |
| My pride and joy |
.JPG) |
| Mr.Wonderful in Chicago living a life of bliss |
.JPG) |
| At peace with myself |
.jpg) |
| John Dorman basking in Aruba |
.JPG) |
| John Dorman exploring Tortola |
.jpg) |
| John Dorman in Great company in Kitzingen Germany |
.jpg) |
| The Dorman's in St.Thomas enjoying each other |
.jpg) |
| The Dorman's exhaling in Saint Martin |
.jpg) |
| The Dorman's in Antigua enjoying life as God intended it to be |
.JPG) |
| The Dorman's enjoying a new life of redemption and success |
.JPG) |
We are starting our new life together happily
.JPG) |
.JPG) |
| Starting our new life together happily enjoying and affluent lifestyle |
|
|
.jpg) |
Fussen Germany
|
.jpeg) |
| Having a pensive moment |
.bmp) |
| This is it the ultimate in indulgence tonight we plan to eat drink and be indulged in style |
.jpg) |
| Saint Martin |
Sophia and I do have an affinity and a deep passion for the good things that life has to offer and cruising is high on our list.We love sharing our favorite travel destinations,Restaurants and vacation experiences with our colleagues with the hopes we can inspire some of you to take a leap of faith and venture out beyond borders
.jpeg) |
| The Soufriere botanical gardens is our piece of paradise Sophia and I enjoying spending our leisure time here. and if you are as creative as us the garden is an ideal place to have an adult quick-y |
We are fixing to enjoy a sumptuous cruise vacation on board the Norwegian Sea .A beautiful young lady a dirty old man with a bottle of Viagra looking forward to a week of great romance at sea .
.bmp) |
| Today we will explore Houston to sample some of Texas famous BBQ Ribs |
.bmp) |
| Enjoying the exhilaration of watching a Broadway show |
.jpeg) |
| Serendipity |
.bmp) |
| The Dorman's are experiencing a memorable Cozumel vacation |
.jpg) |
| The beginning of a wonderful Caribbean vacation |
.jpg) |
| Soufriere Saint Lucia |
.jpg) |
| Spending Q time with big black dick in the Cayman |
.jpg) |
| Wandering in the Cayman |
.jpg) |
| Blissfully removed from everyday life enjoying the moment with an old friend of by-gone days |
.jpg) |
| John Dorman enjoying a singular moment in the Cayman |
.jpg) |
| The Dorman's in the Grand Cayman enjoying la vida loca |
No comments:
Post a Comment